Are you looking for a role that will allow you to to plan, organize, implement, and deliver an early childhood program curriculum? This position is for you!
Join our team and support Illuminate’s Executive Director’s calendar, travel, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the Executive Director and, as capacity allows, the Executive Team. In this role, the Executive Assistant will coordinate a wide range of responsibilities associated with the Executive Director’s calendar, travel, correspondence, reports, and presentations. This position will handle details of a confidential and critical nature and must function efficiently and effectively in a primarily remote, mission-driven environment.
Duties of the Executive Assistant include:
- Provide administrative support and coordination for the Executive Director and, as capacity allows, the Executive Team.
- Coordinate Board of Directors meetings and logistics.
- Support document organization, processes for staff to receive executive approval when needed, execution of documents, creation of reports, presentations, and speaking engagements (including events and conferences).
- Manage projects as assigned, including leading design, planning, and execution of activities and tactics.
- Identify, engage, and oversee relationships with external consultants, as needed.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of administrative or project management experience
- Commitment to Illuminate’s mission, vision, values, and foundations
- Strong attention to detail, superior task management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage systems and processes, as well as organize and prioritize multiple complex projects and tasks
- Excellent written and oral communications skills – must be able to communicate and represent information for executive level consideration internally, externally, and with Board leadership
- Capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with individuals of diverse professional backgrounds, technical expertise, and lived experience
- Ability to balance multiple projects with shared deadlines while being responsive to emergent needs
- Proficiency or ability to become proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides); Adobe Acrobat; Docusign; Zoom; SmartSheet; Monday.com; and other platforms as needed
Compensation and Schedule:
Flexible part-time or full-time, salaried, exempt position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience and schedule in the range of $25,000 – $60,000.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has a generous paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work. If part time, this position will be eligible for benefits at a prorated amount. Residency in Colorado, or anticipated relocation to Colorado in the near future (at your own expense), is a condition of employment with Illuminate.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references via email with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Wednesday, October 4th, at 12pm
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Check out these other job postings!
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to flex your resource development skills? This position is for you!
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to flex your administrative and financial process and procedural skills? This position is for you!