Join the Conversation
The National Center on Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety has partnered with Illuminate Colorado to bring the Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, and Families to Head Start staff nationwide.
The Conversation Guide is a tool that provides ideas and resources to help family services professionals to use strengths-based conversations when working with families. It focuses on helping professionals to address substance use, safe storage of substances, safe and engaged caregiving, and Protective Factors that promote child and family well-being.
- 4-hour virtual training
- Free training and materials for Head Start Staff
- Learn how to use the Conversation Guide when talking with families about substance use.
- Explore stigma, bias, boundaries, screening tools, and resource/referral options.
After the Training
Upon completion of the Conversation Guide training, you will receive:
- The Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, & Families as a reference resource.
- Locking safe-storage bags.
- Trifold brochures in English & Spanish for distribution to families.
- Ongoing consultation and support from Illuminate Colorado.
When registering, you will be asked if you are one of at least two people from your program who have registered or will be registering for your training date. At least two people from a program must sign up for the same training date.
All training times are listed in ET. To view the training time in your time zone, click “View in my time” next to the training time.
Sign up to get new training notifications via email if there are no available training dates and times that work with your schedule.
Already took the training? Check out our Virtual Office Hours for continued learning and support!
Virtual Office Hours
Please join us for upcoming Virtual Office Hours to discuss any questions you may have, and hear from peers on how they have been utilizing the materials. This is a welcoming space to share, explore and learn from each other. We can’t wait to see you again.
All Virtual Office Hours times are listed in ET. To view the Virtual Office Hours time in your time zone, click “View in my time” next to the training time.