Join the Conversation
The Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, & Families is a tool that provides ideas and resources to help family services professionals to use strengths-based conversations when working with families. It focuses on helping professionals to address substance use, safe storage of substances, safe and engaged caregiving, and Protective Factors that promote child and family well-being.
- 4-hour virtual training
- Free training and materials for Colorado professionals
- Learn how to use the Conversation Guide when talking with families about substance use.
- Explore stigma, bias, boundaries, screening tools, and resource/referral options.
After the Training
Upon completion of the Conversation Guide training, you will receive:
- The Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, & Families as a reference resource.
- Locking safe-storage bags.
- Trifold brochures in English & Spanish for distribution to families.
- Ongoing consultation and support from Illuminate Colorado.