Circle of Parents Quarterly Facilitator Webinar - September
Please join us on September 14, 2023 for a conversation about the Protective Factors and why we use them. The Protective Factors Survey, 1st Edition –
Please join us on September 14, 2023 for a conversation about the Protective Factors and why we use them.
The Protective Factors Survey, 1st Edition – Retrospective (PFS – Retrospective) is a validated survey instrument developed by FRIENDS National Center for Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children’s Bureau. The survey assesses and compares the Strengthening Families Protective Factors at the time of the survey completion and prior to beginning Circle of Parents participation. The purpose is to assess changes in Protective Factors over the course of a participant’s Circle of Parents participation.
The Strengthening Families Protective Factors assessed in this tool include:
- Family functioning and resiliency
- Social support
- Concrete support
- Nurturing and attachment
- Child development and knowledge of parenting
According to the Center for the Study of Social Policy, when these Protective Factors are well-established in a family, the likelihood of child abuse and neglect significantly decreases. This research also suggests that these Protective Factors are also promotive factors that actively build family strengths and a family environment that promotes optimal child and youth development.
Here is the link to the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89614469693
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can't make it to this event?Change my RSVP
- Finding the Right Words: Supporting Families During FASD Awareness Month
- Request for Proposal: Seeking Research Partner for a Participatory Action Research Project Exploring Caregiver Experiences within Family Support Systems and Services
- Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring An Executive Assistant!
- Responding to the Needs of Families Impacted by FASD through Influencing Policy
- Building Connections and Breaking Down Barriers for Parents in Recovery
- Becoming FASD Aware
- Bloom Yoga
- Child Care
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Circle of Parents
- Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems
- Family Connects
- Family Voice
- Illuminating stories
- Join the Team
- Maternal Health
- News Release
- Paid Leave
- Parenting Advice
- Safe Sleep
- SCFC Conference
- Smart Choices Safe Kids
- Staff Pick
- Strengthening Families Network
- Substance Use Prevention
- Toxicology Resource Guide
- Volunteer Opportunities