Looking for a job that allows you to flex your storytelling skills, play a critical role in community education to strengthen families and help advance important issues? This position is for you! In this position you will be exposed to all facets of child maltreatment prevention and have an opportunity to tell stories and create social media content that can inspire behavior change.
Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, this position will work with our entire organization and community members from all over the state to manage first impressions for our organization, seamlessly connect people interested in the prevention of child maltreatment and integrate our systems building brighter childhoods.
The Communications Associate will help implement the strategic communications plan to achieve high quality communications and increase brand awareness for Illuminate Colorado. The individual should be detail-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines, flexible, and experienced with supporting an organization’s internal and external communication to a variety of audiences via websites, email, social media, print and events. The ideal candidate will be able to create and edit quality content, able to clearly and effectively communicate in writing and orally and have strong administrative and organizational skills. He/She/They will provide support with project management, social media, events, PR, administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong social media engagement and content development skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications, (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Google Workspace (e.g. Google Docs, Gmail, Docs, Drive, Slides); project management tools, constituent management tools, (e.g. Constant Contact or MailChimp) and website platforms (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, SquareSpace, Weebly)
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and manage tasks simultaneously; ability to work independently and collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, has initiative and follow-through to execute projects from initial state through completion, including tracking and reporting.
- Ability to build, manage and sustain relationships with internal staff, board members, volunteers, and stakeholders through professional, effective, and timely communication.
- Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills including the ability to multitask, stay on top of ever-changing priorities in a fluid environment, manage expectations and negotiate deadlines and workloads.
- Must be capable of maintaining clear, effective, timely communication with multiple team members, clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants & vendors;
- Able to communicate authentically with all audiences, from parents and caregivers with lived experiences to local community members to executives to elected officials and willingness to work towards recognizing and eliminating bias
- Event planning experience including registration set up, volunteer and onsite event management, and budget and timeline project management.
One to three years of external communications, journalism, or other related experience. Equivalent combinations of experience/education will be considered. Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Compensation: This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $40,000 – $50,000.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has a very generous paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work opportunities.
View the complete job posting here.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Communications Associate” in the subject line to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Check out these other job postings!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Strategic Initiatives Associate!
Are you looking for a position that will allow you to flex your coalition management and coordination skills? This position is for you!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Home Visitation Programs Manager!
Are you interested in the implementation and quality improvement of home visitation programs? This position is for you! Under the guidance of the Director of Home Visitation, the Home Visiting Programs Manager will lead and support the State Intermediary functions...
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Community Initiatives Associate!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills? This position is for you!