Looking for a job that allows you to flex your grant management, event planning, and donor cultivation and engagement skills?
This position is for you!
Under the guidance of a Deputy Director, the Grants & Development Manager is a new position which will play a critical role in managing Illuminate Colorado’s resource development plan through grants and donor cultivation efforts. Working with relevant staff throughout the organization, the Grants & Development Manager will lead grant prospecting efforts, will facilitate grant writing for prospective and ongoing grants, and will ensure timely completion of grant reporting. Additionally, the Grants & Development Manager will manage individual donor cultivation activities, including fundraising events and volunteer opportunities.
The Grants & Development Manager will:
- Manage all grant activity, including: achieving revenue targets and expanding partnerships, leading the development of accurate, detailed, and persuasive proposals within established deadlines, and researching and identifying grant funding sources that align with Illuminate’s mission, vision and goals, among other grant-related duties;
- Manage the development and implementation of Illuminate Fundraising, Community Engagement, and Board-Driven events with support from the Executive Leadership team, Staff, Board, & Volunteers;
- Manage donor database and information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members to enhance their relationship with Illuminate.
Click Here for the Full Job Description
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Three to five years of experience, with a proven aptitude for grant prospecting, submission, and reporting as well as management of small and large events.
- Experience with donor database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with individuals of diverse professional backgrounds, technical expertise, and lived experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage collaborative projects and timelines, including balancing deadlines with input.
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting environments, and shared decision making.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with shared deadlines while being responsive to emergent needs.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work timely and accurately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google Suite.
- Knowledge related to child maltreatment prevention, Strengthening Families protective factors, maternal child health, substance use disorders, child sexual abuse prevention, and/or infant safe sleep.
- Experience with family strengthening programming or systems.
Compensation and Schedule:
Full-time, salaried, exempt position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $50,000 – $60,000.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has an unlimited paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work. Residency in Colorado, or anticipated relocation to Colorado in the near future (at your own expense), is a condition of employment with Illuminate.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Grants & Development Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Noon on January 16, 2022
Check out these other job postings!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Strategic Initiatives Associate!
Are you looking for a position that will allow you to flex your coalition management and coordination skills? This position is for you!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Home Visitation Programs Manager!
Are you interested in the implementation and quality improvement of home visitation programs? This position is for you! Under the guidance of the Director of Home Visitation, the Home Visiting Programs Manager will lead and support the State Intermediary functions...
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Community Initiatives Associate!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills? This position is for you!