Looking for a job that allows you to flex your policy research and analysis skills, participate in policy coalitions, and manage policy communications for stakeholders?
This position is for you! In this position you will be exposed to all aspects of developing and implementing Illuminate Colorado’s policy activities.
Under the guidance of a Deputy Director, the Policy Manager will lead implementation of organizational policy activities by ensuring the organization’s policy priorities are thoroughly researched, policy developments are monitored, and our advocacy partners view us as valuable and supportive partners.
The Policy Manager will:
- Develop and maintain policy research and analysis in the form of strategy screens, briefs, and concept papers;
- Maintain internal bill tracking; staff legislative hearings and testify as needed;
- Create fact sheets and secure endorsements;
- Draft and coordinate testimony and public comments;
- Manage communications for policy stakeholder processes;
- Draft Illuminate’s policy communication content;
- And participate in policy coalitions on behalf of Illuminate.
Additionally, the Policy Manager will coordinate event planning for related summits, trainings, or other events; support the Executive Leadership Team in responding to new requests and/or providing research support as needed; and support coalitions convened by Illuminate in policy research and monitoring, as needed.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- One to four years of legislative advocacy, political campaigns, policy research, and/or community organizing experience
- Passion for systems-level change
- Commitment to advancing social and racial equity through collective action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with individuals of diverse professional backgrounds, technical expertise, and lived experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage collaborative projects, including balancing deadlines with input
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting environments, and shared decision making
- Ability to balance multiple projects with shared deadlines while being responsive to emergent needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google Suite
- Knowledge related to child maltreatment prevention, Strengthening Families protective factors, maternal child health, substance use disorders, child sexual abuse prevention, and/or infant safe sleep
- Experience with family strengthening programming or systems
- Experience working with a broad range of populations, particularly in a coalition capacity
Compensation and Schedule:
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $50,000 – $60,000. Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has an unlimited paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Policy Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noon on December 15, 2022
Check out these other job postings!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Strategic Initiatives Associate!
Are you looking for a position that will allow you to flex your coalition management and coordination skills? This position is for you!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Home Visitation Programs Manager!
Are you interested in the implementation and quality improvement of home visitation programs? This position is for you! Under the guidance of the Director of Home Visitation, the Home Visiting Programs Manager will lead and support the State Intermediary functions...
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Community Initiatives Associate!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills? This position is for you!