Are you looking for a role that will allow you to plan, organize, implement, and deliver an early childhood program curriculum to enrolled children’s individual and group educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs?
This position is for you!
Under the guidance of the Child Care Operations Manager, the Early Childhood Teacher will be hired to plan, organize, implement, and deliver an early childhood program curriculum to enrolled children’s individual and group educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs. This position will manage a mobile child care classroom for children whose parents are working to address complex issues impacting their family, such as mental health concerns, substance use disorders, or employment challenges; and ensure that the mobile classroom remains in compliance with the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing standards. This position will also work closely with community partners to recruit and enroll families into the program.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic leader and team member with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – ability to understand intermediate written materials and compose information/instruction in written form.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent judgment as well as problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Remain calm and calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues or involve others to resolve the issues.
- Work well with other people, taking into consideration, among the dynamics, their needs, their personal style, and the requirements of their jobs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills to support ongoing interaction with other employees, the general public, and children and parents within the community.
- Professional Development Information System (PDIS) Level 2 Early Childhood Teacher.
- Must meet or be willing to work towards obtaining the Colorado Child Care Infant Nursery Supervisor requirements (ECE 111 and ECE 112; Expanding Quality.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Must pass background check, post-employment medical examination.
- Experience working in Head Start or Early Head Start program preferred.
Compensation and Schedule:
Full-time, salaried, exempt position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $40,000- $50,000.
A retention stipend of $1500 is available for this position. The successful candidate will receive a partial stipend at 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days of employment upon the successful completion of all trainings, including but not limited to RV Driver Training, RV Equipment Training, all required PDIS trainings, and CPR/First Aid.
This position will be required to travel to service locations in the Pueblo and Canon City areas. Mileage will be reimbursed. A cell phone will be needed to complete necessary duties regarding this position. Flexibility to work a pre-set alternating schedule that will include opening and closing center hours with possibility of occasional evenings and weekends. The start and ending hours can range from 7:30am to 9:00pm.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has an unlimited paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work. Residency in Colorado, or anticipated relocation to Colorado in the near future (at your own expense), is a condition of employment with Illuminate.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Early Childhood Teacher” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Check out these other job postings!
Join our team and help support the State Intermediary functions related to planning, implementing, and monitoring the Family Connects model and Healthy Families America in Colorado!
Join our team and help support Illuminate’s Executive Director’s calendar, travel, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
Join our team and deliver Bloom Yoga Training & Yoga Classes – both in person in the Denver Metro Area and virtually via Zoom.