We are so excited to announce that we are hiring an Early Childhood Teacher!
Under the guidance of the Child Care Manager, the Early Childhood Teacher will plan, organize, implement, and deliver an infant and toddler program curriculum to meet enrolled children’s individual and group educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs. This position will manage a mobile child care classroom for children whose parents are working to address complex issues impacting their family, such as mental health concerns, substance use disorders, or employment challenges; and ensure that the mobile classroom remains in compliance with the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing and ensure that the mobile classroom remains in compliance with the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing standards.
Experience & Skills:
- Enthusiastic leader and team member with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – ability to understand intermediate written materials and compose information/instruction in written form.
- Effective interpersonal skills to support ongoing interaction with other employees, the general public, and children and parents within the community.
- Effective organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent judgment as well as problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Remain calm and calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues or involve others to resolve the issues.
- Work well with other people taking into consideration, among the dynamics, their needs, their personal style, and the requirements of their jobs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Professional Development Information System (PDIS) Level 2 Early Childhood Teacher
- Must meet or be willing to work towards obtaining the Colorado Child Care Infant Nursery Supervisor requirements (ECE 111 and ECE 112; Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care; or Child Development Associate)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must pass background check, post-employment medical examination and drug screen
- Experience working in Head Start or Early Head Start program preferred
Compensation: This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $40,000 – $50,000. A retention stipend of $1500 is available for this position. The successful candidate will receive a partial stipend at 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days of employment upon the successful completion of all trainings, including but not limited to RV Driver Training, RV Equipment Training, all required PDIS trainings, and CPR/First Aid.
This position will be required to travel to service locations in the Denver Metro area. Mileage will be reimbursed. A cell phone will be needed to complete necessary duties regarding this position. At this time a cell phone stipend will not be provided. Flexibility to work a pre-set alternating schedule that will include opening and closing center hours with possibility of occasional evenings and weekends. The start and ending hours can range from 7:30am to 9:00pm.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a Simple IRA, EAP, and Life & AD&D benefits. In addition, Illuminate has a generous paid time off policy.
View the complete job posting here.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Early Childhood Teacher” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline will remain open until position is filled.
Check out these other job postings!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Strategic Initiatives Associate!
Are you looking for a position that will allow you to flex your coalition management and coordination skills? This position is for you!
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Home Visitation Programs Manager!
Are you interested in the implementation and quality improvement of home visitation programs? This position is for you! Under the guidance of the Director of Home Visitation, the Home Visiting Programs Manager will lead and support the State Intermediary functions...
Illuminate Colorado Is Hiring A Community Initiatives Associate!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills? This position is for you!