2023 has taken off full speed for us here at Illuminate Colorado!
The beginning of a new year often provides an opportunity to reflect on past accomplishments and gain the foresight to move forward with intentionality.
As you may have noticed, over the last several years, Illuminate has increased in our capacity and program offerings to more effectively and efficiently meet our mission to strengthen families, organizations and communities to prevent child maltreatment. In reflecting upon our current abilities and future vision, we embarked upon an internal reorganization to allow for continued strategic and intentional growth of our programs, initiatives, and operations to expand our reach and our impact.
The first step in broadening our capacity was to create two new Deputy Director positions:
- Jillian Fabricius, former Director of Strategic Initiatives, was promoted to Deputy Director overseeing Cross Organizational Connectivity. In this role, Jillian will oversee Illuminate’s systems changes strategies, respond to shifting conditions, and support organizational and program sustainability. This Deputy Director position directly supervises Communications, Evaluation, Grants & Development, Policy, and Strategic Initiatives.
- Anne Auld, former Director of Education, was promoted to Deputy Director overseeing Cross Program Connectivity. In this role, Anne will lead development and implementation of Illuminate’s program growth, including but not limited to program scaling, addition of new curricula, and leverageable opportunities. This Deputy Director directly supervises Family Support Programs, Home Visitation Programs, and Education Programs.
Ideally, these positions will allow Executive Director Jade Woodard to provide increased strategic leadership, guidance, and direction to the organization and engage more fully in pivotal state and national conversations on building family wellbeing and systems transformation.
In addition to the creation of Deputy Director positions, additional shifts were made to improve organizational efficiency and enable future success:
- Ryan Kistler was promoted to Director of Communications, bringing a wealth of expertise into his new role.
- Angelica Fox transitioned to Director of Home Visitation to ensure collaboration among both of Illuminate’s home visitation models – Family Connects and Healthy Families America.
- Jason Read and Missy Berglund moved into Senior Education Manager positions with increased responsibility for staff and programming.
“Illuminate has such a strong and dedicated staff, and it was exciting to be able to promote heavily from within the organization.”
- Eric Chervenak moved into the Child Care Operations Manager position, a new role dedicated to the maintenance and licensing of the mobile child care classrooms – Acorn, Honey, & Caramel.
- Jessica Keys moved into the Senior Circle of Parents Associate position to meet the increasing capacity demands of the Circle of Parents program.
- Finally, Hayley Geiselman moved into the newly created Evaluation & Strategic Learning Manager position to continue to support Illuminate’s dedication to evaluation and data driven decision making.
Several additional positions are in the process of being filled, or will be shortly, including: Director of Strategic Initiatives, Community Initiatives Associate, Grants & Development Manager, Education Program Manager, Home Visitation Program Manager, and an additional Early Childhood Teacher.
Stay up to date on new job postings by subscribing to the Illuminate Blog!
“I so value how Illuminate lives our values—including growth. This new structure will allow the organization to continue to scale and grow our efforts and offer additional pathways for staff advancement.”
The staff and board of Illuminate Colorado are excited about the new prospects for 2023, and we look forward to continued intentionality in decision making, promoting connections, expanding sustainability, and growing our relationships internally and externally.
Thank you for your continued support!
At Illuminate Colorado, our vision has always been clear: a Colorado where all children and families thrive. Today, we’re excited to share a significant step forward in realizing this vision by announcing that we are now the proud home to the Safe Babies program in Colorado…
This year Illuminate has grown by leaps and bounds. Join us as we welcome our new team members and explore how they are helping us to strengthen families across the spectrum of prevention.
One of the most effective strategies for cultivating long-term wellbeing for youth is through educating both youth and the agencies who serve them on how to build positive youth development. Youth Thrive, a program developed by the Center for the Study of Social Policy and offered by Illuminate, employs this strategy with amazing results…