Illuminate Colorado is seeking Information Technology (IT) support for organizational technology based in individual staff residences, organizational office and storage, and software / systems utilized internally and shared externally with community partners. This IT partner will work with Illuminate Operational Staff to provide Help Desk support to staff, as well as basic maintenance related to computer systems, hardware and software. Project details, key responsibilities, and qualifications of the IT partner are described below.
Illuminate Colorado is a statewide 501(c)(3) organization working to strengthen families, organizations, and communities to prevent child maltreatment. With a research-based approach that emphasizes building promotive and protective factors, we address systemic and multi-sector issues by collaborating with families and partners at the community, state, and national level to develop and implement powerful programs, policies, and initiatives that build brighter childhoods in Colorado.
Our organization is working to build an inclusive and diverse team of passionate experts who value each other’s differing lived experiences and backgrounds. All of our work is grounded in the foundations of equity and inclusion, family and community driven, holistic, and multigenerational approaches – and guided by our core values of empathy, innovation, growth, and integrity. Learn more at https://www.illuminatecolorado.org/about/.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Partner
To aid in the support of identified technology needs within the organization, the IT partner will:
1. Help Desk Support: Provide ongoing support to staff related to Illuminate Colorado computer systems, hardware and software located in staff residences. These requests will be submitted through Illuminate internal channels and approved by the Illuminate Operational Team prior to submission through a Help Desk ticket with the partner.
- Areas of support from the IT partner may include: supporting computer systems, coaching on use of Monday.com, advising on cybersecurity, supporting hardware and software set-up for new staff, supporting ongoing technology issues related to approved hardware and software adaptation or installations. As needed, the IT partner will train staff on basic system, computer, hardware, and software functions.
- Current Organizational Softwares (which may or may not fall under the purview of this contract) include: Adobe Creative Cloud, Alchemer, Apricot 360, Docusign, Dropbox, Givebutter, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Monday.com, Mailchimp, Quickbooks, Salesforce, Simplybook.me, SmartSheet, Tableau, Zoom.
2. Advise ongoing and upcoming projects: Providing guidance and support on the delivery, viability and/or implementation of tools used in Illuminate programming, that may include tools used with community partners.
- Areas of support from the IT partner may include: support or advice on technology needs for an upcoming organizational conference (including a conference app); support on building or revising an appointment scheduling tool; guidance on software integrations; advice on data security considerations; developing a data security plan; and other topics / projects as identified
- Identification of softwares or tools that may: be duplicative, be utilized to streamline activities, or be differently integrated
3. Support IT project execution, as needed: as directed by the Operations Team, take on specific execution activities, while ensuring the Operations Team or Designated Representative remains in the primary decision-making role, both internally and with external partners.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
The IT partner must bring the following (statements are listed in order of priority):
- Ability to support / perform all of the functions listed above
- The ideal partner will be detail oriented and a motivated self-starter, have excellent people and communication skills, be computer savvy, works well in a team environment, and is always focused on customer satisfaction
- Understanding administration, data analysis, and programming skills
- Provide excellent customer service, understanding each individual has varying technological skills, comfort, and needs.
- 3-5 years of Systems Admin and/or Help Desk experience
Negotiable. It is anticipated that there will be a flat cost for ongoing help desk and support services, with additional hourly or flat fee for additional projects. Contract renewal is possible, pending mutual interest and initial contract period.
Term of Contract
Contract Execution – December 30, 2024, with the possibility of ongoing annual extensions on a calendar year.
Proposals should be digitally submitted by 5:00 p.m. MT on Monday, November 6, 2023 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ”IT Partner” in the subject line.
Candidate Selection & Virtual Interviews
Proposals will be reviewed by the Illuminate Colorado operational team, and final candidates will be invited for an interview on the week of November 13th, 2023.
Each proposal should include the elements below to demonstrate both capacity and approach and should not exceed 3 pages.
1. About You: Describe your organization, agency, or position.
2. Qualifications: What makes you or your organization uniquely positioned to serve as the IT partner for Illuminate? As applicable, in your response please describe your experience with the following:
i. Working with the Nonprofit Sector
ii. Providing Help Desk Support
iii. Advising on ongoing and upcoming projects
iv. Supporting on IT project execution
3. Collaboration Approach: Describe how you would collaborate with Illuminate to IT support while ensuring the Operations Team or Designated Representative remains in the primary decision-making role, both internally and with external partners. In specific, how would provide excellent customer services to Illuminate (including proposed communication processes, services, and response timelines), as you approach:
i. Providing Help Desk Support
ii. Advising on ongoing and upcoming projects
iii. Supporting on IT project execution
4.Budget: Provide an overview of your pricing structure associated with this proposal and how you would approach ongoing help desk support, ongoing projects, new projects, and execution of projects.