We are seeking a passionate, dedicated Kappa Delta Alumna to join our Board of Directors! As the Colorado state chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America we have been honored to work closely with Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters in Colorado for the last several years and seek to continue this close relationship moving forward!
Since 1981, Kappa Delta has been a proud supporter of Prevent Child Abuse America and state chapters.
Thousands of KDs in hundreds of communities nationwide host Shamrock events every year to raise money for national and local child abuse prevention efforts – learn more about Kappa Delta’s commitment to preventing child abuse.
Board members provide strategic vision, oversight and resources to help further the mission of Illuminate to strengthen families, organizations and communities to prevent child maltreatment.
Current priorities for Board of Directors recruitment include:
- Individuals with a strong history of philanthropic development,
- Individuals with subject matter expertise and/or life experiences with strengthening families,
- Individuals with best practice human resource management expertise, and
- Individuals with access to marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications expertise and resources.
Illuminate Colorado strengthens families, organizations, and communities to prevent child maltreatment. The Board of Directors provides strategic vision, oversight, and resources to help further the mission of Illuminate.
- Provide fiduciary oversight by reviewing and approving operating budgets, financial statements, and annual Audit / IRS Form 990.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel and advice to the Executive Director, through biannual one-on-ones, and to other staff leaders as needed.
- Contribute financially at an individually meaningful level. Gifts from board members of time or talent may contribute to this requirement.
- Grow the Reach of Illuminate by engaging others who can be helpful to the cause as potential supporters. Help identify and connect potential donors or board members (through introductions / event attendance) and proactively promoting Illuminate in conversations with friends, colleagues, and broader networks.
- Attend and prepare for board meetings held every other month as well as an annual Fall Board retreat to ensure connection and current understanding of organization’s goals, strategies, and priorities.
- Serve on at least one board committee – Executive & Finance Committee, Fundraising and Communications Committee, Program and Public Policy Committee, to support and advise on organization operations.
- Select, support, and evaluate the Executive Director through ongoing coaching and support, as well as an annual performance evaluation.
- Attend major organizational events and host an annual micro event. Board members are expected to attend and bring guests to the organization’s annual events. Board members are also encouraged to host an annual micro event or support Illuminate through outside fundraising or engagement opportunities.
- Provide support for fundraising efforts including writing personal thank you notes, meeting with potential major donors, providing event planning support (securing auction/event specific donations), and engaging in foundation or corporate research/outreach to support the organization.
Meetings & Events
The Illuminate Board of Directors meets bi-monthly in the even months throughout the year, with a retreat in the fall and committee meetings in the odd months. Board meetings are typically held at the Illuminate Colorado Office in Denver with the option for remote participation through video/phone conferences.
In addition, board members are expected to attend significant Illuminate events and contribute financially to the organization.
Interested? Take the Next Step
Illuminate Colorado is committed to building a strong and diverse Board of Directors. Learn more about Illuminate at illuminatecolorado.org. If you are interested or would like more information, complete this form and a member of the board of directors will get in touch with you within two to three weeks.